This is the perfect salad for a summer picnic or barbecue!
My husband was eating a deli salad from Safeway a few days ago and liked it so much he took a picture of it and texted it to me. This is a pretty rare occurrence, and has never, ever happened with a salad. Here is my recreation. Serves 8-10.
- 2 bunches of Lacinato (dark green/purple) kale, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 C. fresh blueberries
- 1 C. shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 – 1 C. dried cranberries
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 shallot, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 C. champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 2 t. sugar, or 2 packets of stevia powder
- salt and pepper to taste
To slice the kale, stack up a few leaves and slice them into thin shreds perpendicular to the stalk. Toss the kale, berries, seeds, cabbage and shallot together in a large bowl. In a jar with…
View original post 58 more words