This fresh salsa is bursting with flavor and takes about 5 minutes to make. You can adjust the heat by adding the jalapeno with or without its ribs and seeds. Serve this with grilled chicken or pork chops, or even with a bowl of tortilla chips.
- 3 ripe plums, any color, (Italian plums are smaller, so if you use them, use six) diced
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 C. cilantro, parsley, or basil, chopped
- 1 banana pepper, diced, about 5 inches long
- 1/2 jalapeno, with or without the seeds, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 t. sugar
- 1/2 t. freshly grated ginger
Toss all ingredients together in a bowl. Taste for seasonings. Eat right away or cover and chill until ready to serve. Can be made ahead up to two hours.