We picked up some fresh clams at the farmer’s market yesterday and came up with this family-pleasing soup. Be sure to put the Sriracha on the table for the grownups.
- 4 C. chicken broth (I used Better Than Bullion)
- 1 t. minced, fresh ginger
- 1 t. minced, fresh garlic
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 2 lbs. fresh clams, scrubbed, rinsed, and drained
- 1 ear of fresh corn, kernels removed from cob
- 2 packages fresh Udon noodles (about 1 C. each) mine came from Safeway
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 C. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sriracha chili sauce to taste
In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Add the clams, noodles, and corn and stir to soften the noodles. Boil for about three minutes, or until the clams are opened and the noodles are soft and separated from each other. Ladle into serving bowls and top with the scallions, cilantro, and chili sauce.