This recipe comes from my friend Carrah. It’s the perfect crowd-pleasing cocktail for a backyard party. Thanks Carrah! Serves 12
- 2 (750-ml) bottles white Spanish wine, such as Albarino (Galacia), Viura (Rioja), Verdejo (Rueda), or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup Spanish brandy
- 1/4 cup Spanish orange liqueur or Cointreau
- 1 cup pear juice
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced pear
- 2 apricots, pit removed and sliced into thin wedges
- 2 peaches, pit removed and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 pound seedless white grapes
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Prosecco, chilled
Combine the wine, brandy, orange liqueur, pear juice, and sugar in a large pitcher and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the fruit and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
Stir in the Prosecco and serve the sangria in large wine glasses, over ice if desired.