This salsa is a snap to make. It’s best to make it a few hours ahead if you can, just to allow the flavors to develop. I used half of a jalapeno, but use the whole pepper if you enjoy more spice. We served this with Cuban black bean tacos and sangria. Happy summer!
- 2 C. fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 C. red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 – 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 C. red onion, diced very small
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 C. loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- zest and juice of one lime
- 2 t. sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.