I am so pleased and flattered to be nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by fellow blogger, April at Gluten Free Zen! Gluten Free Zen is one of my favorite blogs because April’s recipes are healthy, delicious, and use whole ingredients. Gluten free baking was a mystery to me until I began reading her posts. Her Banana Apple Muffins with big chunks of apple are heavenly.
I have been blogging for a year now. It’s been a really rewarding activity for me. It’s a hobby that I can participate in without any measure of guilt. The food I make is primarily for my family, and I would be cooking every day whether I blogged about it or not. If my hobby were not as beneficial to my family, I know the Sicilian Guilt that I have carried since birth would overcome me and I would abandon my hobby for being too frivolous, or selfish. I am not really a writer, which is why my posts are usually all about the recipe. It’s been a lot of fun to read blogs from all over the country and the world. Here’s to another great blogging year in 2012
There are some rules that go along with receiving the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who gave you the award
- Include a link to their blog
- Select bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
- Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Tell people 7 things about yourself
I’ll answer the questions first, then list my favorite bloggers. Please click on the links below and visit their sites, you won’t be disappointed!
7 Things About Me:
- Reading out loud is my favorite part of teaching elementary school, and I alvays do zee accents!
- I read all 7 books in the Harry Potter series three times before I had kids.
- When I was younger I wanted to be on Broadway.
- I enjoy reading gossip magazines like OK and US weekly (and also grocery story romance novels with Scottish open-shirted men on the covers).
- I keep 5 chickens in my backyard: Blanche, Clara, Viola, Cinnamon, and Cow. Can you guess which ones were named by a 5-year-old?
- The top played artists on my iPod are Lady Gaga, Amy Winehouse, and Captain Bogg and Salty.
- My favorite cookbook is Marcella’s Italian Kitchen, by Marcella Hazan. No one does Italian more thoughtfully.
- The eighth thing about me is that I feel like a total dork after reading the seven things I wrote about me.
My Favorite Blogs:
Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide is a wonderful blog written by a couple who take turns posting. I am always impressed by the originality of their recipes, and I love their cocktail ideas too!
Rachel Eats is written by a British woman living in Rome. I love her list of favorite Roman restaurants. Rachel has been blogging since 2008.
Hamburger Eats Me! is a tasty vegetarian blog. It’s written by a woman named Stephanie who calls herself. “a recovering omnivore”.
Savory Simple is a beautiful blog with all kind of intriguing recipes. Lavender Shortbread Cookies!?!
Janae Monir is a blog I have just started to follow. Her pictures are gorgeous and I love reading little tidbits about her family.
Please take a moment to look at these diverse and talented bloggers! Thanks again to April from Gluten Free Zen for nominating me!